AlertNow Rapid Notification Service Information
The Windham School District utilizes the ALERTNOW Rapid Notification Service to enhance parental communication. This service allows us to send a voice and/or email message to ALL of our students' parents within minutes, if an emergency occurs at a school. The ALERTNOW service will also assist the schools in reducing the resources needed to pass along key information regarding school events or reminders. The intent of this system is for group notification purposes. Customary and usual procedures for individual parent notification will continue as normal.
The district will be utilizing ALERTNOW for:
*Emergency notification such as evacuations
*Early dismissals due to severe weather/emergencies
*Transportation messages, such as late bus routes or field trips
*Early-release day reminders
Your child's school will be utilizing ALERTNOW for non-emergency purposes such as:
*Grade level information, i.e. field trip reminders
*Schedule changes for after school events
*School Newsletters and updates (email only)
The ability to deliver a message is only as successful as the contact information we have for our families, so please make certain we have the most up-to-date direct dial numbers and email addresses. If this information changes, please let your child's school know immediately.
Important information regarding AlertNow:
1. Your caller ID will display your school's or the district's main number anytime a non-emergency call is generated. Caller ID will not display a name with the number.
2. Your caller ID will display 411 anytime an emergency call is being sent.
3. ALERTNOW will leave a message on your voicemail or answering machine.
4. If you have such things as Telemarketer Zapper or Privacy Director on your telephone lines, you may not receive the call.
5. ALERTNOW does not call extensions. If you have a direct dial number at work, you should provide your child's school with the direct dial number not a main number plus an extension.
6. ALERTNOW will only make one phone call per contact number when multiple family members in the same school have the same contact information.
The AlertNow system utilizes the following phone numbers and email addresses. In the event of an emergency, all phone numbers and email addresses will be utilized. Non-emergency voice messages will only call the Primrary AlertNow Notification number and non-emergency email messages will be sent to both email addresses.
Primary AlertNow Notification Number (provided by the Parents at the beginning of the school year)
Mother's Cell Phone
Father's Cell Phone
Additional Phone Number (optional)
Mother's Email Address
Father's Email Address
If you have any questions, please contact your child's school.