What is Earth Shuttle?
- An educational program for students interested in learning outside the classroom.
- Daily workshops may include Seaworld/ Busch Gardens, MOSI- Museum of Science and Industry, and other educational programs.
- Students take notes in all educational programs to use in writing their report.
- Next year's itinerary may include:
- SeaWorld: "Saving Our Seas" or Bush Gardens "African Safari"
- Egmont Key Bay: Barrier Island Adventure, guided nature walk of the island to discuss flora & fauna. Snorkeling and beach study
- MOSI- Museum of Science and Industry: Participate in a simulated space mission in the Challenger Learning Center. Create a comet using common household materials.
- American Pro-Diving: Snorkel w/Manatees; learn about the history and conservation of these endangered animals, explore Rainbow River and its abundant wildlife and search for prehistoric sharks teeth.
- Discovery Cove - "Dolphin & Coral Reef Experience"
Who goes on Earth Shuttle?
- 7th and 8th grade students may sign up.
- Also, Windham children who are home schooled are welcomed to participate as well.
- The 8th grade Washington, DC trip happens at the same time, so if you think you'd like to go on both trips, you would need to go on Earth Shuttle as a seventh grader.
- There are academic and behavior guidelines that must be met.
When do we go?
- We leave the Monday after April vacation.
- You miss 1 week of school.
- You need to get make-up work from teachers and do it over vacation.
What do we need to do when we get back?
- There is a final report that each student writes, based on notes taken during the workshops. This report counts as a test grade in many subjects.
How much does it cost?
- Early Bird Price: Next year's trip will cost $1690.00, including airfare for anyone who registers by June 15th.
- Adults approximately $1775.00
How do you pay for it?
- There are four or five fundraisers throughout the year that you may participate in to earn money to help pay for your trip.
Are there meetings through the year?
- Earth Shuttle meets every other month to provide important information to students and parents, and to facilitate fundraisers.
Where do we stay?
- Accommodations may include Embassy Suites and Residence Inn in Orlando and Tampa.
- Each small group (4-5) of students stays in a 2-bedroom suite with a chaperone.
Who are the chaperones?
- We encourage parents to come with us as chaperones.
- If you would like your parent to be in FL with you, but not too close, you can stay in a different suite than your parent. That way you can share the experience, but not every detail.
Students may register for the trip by picking up a registration form from Mrs. Fava or Miss Corbin anytime after June 9th.
If you sign up by June 15th you will be guaranteed a price of $1690.00 which includes land package and airfare.
You can also register online at worldstrides.com using the ID # 22539.
If you plan on participating please spread the word to your friends and encourage them to sign up as well.
If you choose to wait until September the price will increase by about 12-15% (approximately $250).
Any questions please email Mrs. Fava (email@example.com) or Miss Corbin
Back to Top